From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian forked, because of systemd brouhaha
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 11:03:02
1 On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 10:11:20 +0000, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2
3 > So, I just found out that some Debian Developers decided to fork Debian,
4 > because they can no longer stand this abomination called 'systemd':
5 >
6 > https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20141127.212941.f55acc3a.en.html
7 >
8 > What do you think, people? Shouldn't we offer them our eudev project to
9 > assist?
10
11 I think it's a great example of the power of open source. At last some
12 systemd haters are doing something more pro-active than name-calling.
13
14 No one needs to offer eudev to them, the code is already out there, but
15 openrc may be more useful. It has a few of the advantages of systemd.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 - How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
22 - Two: one to hold the giraffe, the other to fill the bathtub with
23 lots of brightly colored machine tools.