From: Cyrille Damez <cyrille.damez@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble with USB memory
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:33:37
1 Le Friday 23 September 2005 15:57, Paweł Madej a écrit :
2
3 > after upgrading udev / kernel sources i've found in dmesg that my camera
4 > (olympus) which uses mass storage protocol was found as a /dev/uba1 so
5 > maybe your USB stick will also be as such device.
6
7 Most likely, it would be there too, but as far as I understand those /dev/ub*
8 devices use the generic usb block device driver, which is very slow. For a
9 memory stick or a hard-drive, it is much better to use /dev/disk/ devices.
12 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list