From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] f-secure linux security 7.03 on gentoo?
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 10:01:56
1 On Tuesday 02 June 2009 11:54:40 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > greets, gentoo-users,
3 >
4 > at a customers site they have some company-license for f-secure-products.
5 >
6 > I run a mail-gateway there, using gentoo, it runs amavisd which utilizes
7 > clamav and fsav ... (the customer *wants* me to use both as he pays for
8 > the f-secure-licenses ...)
9 >
10 > Until now we used the f-secure-pkg "F-Secure Anti-Virus for Linux
11 > Gateways version 4.65 build 7400" which was simply a tarball with some
12 > sh-script, installation on gentoo was no problem.
13 >
14 > Now they "improved" things, and we are told to use "F-secure Linux
15 > Security 7.03" which is a much bigger package with web-gui and stuff. I
16 > only need fsav so I tried the documented approach to install only
17 > CLI-utilities.
18 >
19 > Unfortunately they depend on the existance of rpm ...
20 >
21 > What you you recommend? "emerge rpm" ? "rpm2targz" ?
22
23 Do not emerge rpm. That breaks stuff.
24
25 Just run rpm2targz, look inside tarball, apply brain power
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com