From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google Picasa for Linux!
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 00:16:46
1 On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 15:47 +0200, Gian Domeni Calgeer wrote:
2 > Am Samstag 27 Mai 2006 13.54 schrieb Iain Buchanan:
3
4 > > anyway, does it upload anything to google? I don't like the thought of
5 > > a gmail-for-pictures sort of app on my PC.
6 >
7 > On http://picasa.google.com/linux/download.html they write: "Picasa won't
8 > delete your pictures or put them online without your permission." Of course
9 > this doesn't mean anything, it might upload pictures without putting them
10 > online, but I don't think so.
11
12 or scan the exif info to see what camera you have, and then offer you
13 low-priced accessories; or find out what dates and times you most often
14 take photos, and upload that to some google data collection server...
15
16 I'm not saying it _does_ these things, but where does it say it
17 _doesn't_?
21 Nothing succeeds like excess.
22 -- Oscar Wilde
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list