From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird slocate behaviour - file ignored?
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:21:32
1 On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Paul
2 Hartman<paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Stroller<stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >> On 7 Mar 2009, at 12:42, Stroller wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> I was looking for a Knoppix DVD today, and came across any anomaly whereby
7 >>> locate doesn't show it. It lists the CD iso in the same directory, but not
8 >>> the DVD right next to it, and both files seem to be read by the database
9 >>> when I run updatedb manually.
10 >>
11 >> A big old bump from 6 months ago, could I ask kind members of the list to
12 >> try running locate to look for a big file to see if they can reproduce this,
13 >> please?
14 >>
15 >> I'm seeing on a SECOND machine exactly the same thing - files larger than
16 >> about 4gb are not showing up in the locate search results:
17 >
18 > Works as expected for me on ~amd64. Found a 7.5G file just fine.
21 I'm using slocate-3.1-r2 by the way