From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't kill /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/nsplugin
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:13:10
1 >>>> Multiple instances of /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/nsplugin keep
2 >>>> spawning even after I kill them. I suspect midori although I have the
3 >>>> libreoffice plugin disabled. Has anyone else seen this? How can I
4 >>>> confirm my suspicions?
5 >>>
6 >>> ps with the f option ?
7 >>
8 >> I always do 'ps -ef|grep name' but should that indicate whether midori
9 >> is to blame?
10 >>
11 > No, that will grep nsplugin only, that string is unlikely to appear in
12 > the line of ps output of it's parent.
13 >
14 > Rather pipe ps -ef into less and search for nsplugin. Less efficient but
15 > a) you should care about that and b) you will get everything and none of
16 > it chucked away by grep
17
18 Yep, it's midori. pstree was no good for this. Thanks everyone.
19
20 - Grant