From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg.. twm not starting and terrible performance with fluxbox
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:04:57
1 Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
2 > Something interesting did happen though. I had that "Unknown
3 > device" in my lspci output for both Gentoo and FC4 when I was on
4 > VIA Unichrome. Now after switching to nvidia, I can see a Host
5 > Bridge properly identified in its place. I wonder why that would
6 > be?
7
8 Flaky hardware? Timings too fast in the BIOS?
9
10 > I apologise to those who wasted their time reading this thread
11 > and replying in it.. but I found the problem worth investigating
12 > and I am still intrigued by it..
13
14 Kernel misconfigured? When the vesa driver doesn't give acceptable
15 performance, there is something wrong. You might want to actually
16 answer the questions I asked earlier.
17
18 Benno
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list