From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean and virtual/glibc problems
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 02:52:42
1 On 2/20/07, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 21 February 2007 02:04:12 Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > I'm facing a few last problems as I clean this machine up. The
4 > > machine is completely sync'ed and emerged. revdep-rebuild tells me
5 > > things are cool but then --depclean complains about needing
6 > > virtual/glibc and using emerge depends suggests it really is needed
7 > > but eix glibc doesn't show anything to emerge.
8 > >
9 > > Frankly I'm pretty confused about this one. What's the appropriate fix?
10 >
11 > # emerge --with-bdeps=y -pvDNu
12 >
13 > --
14 > Bo Andresen
18 Hi Bo,
19 Thanks for responding. I didn't know about that option or the
20 difference between how it's used for --depclean. Thanks.
21
22 I solved the lm_sensors one before your response came back.
23 Unfortunately --with-bdeps=y doesn't seem to identify anything new to
24 emerge. I don't see how it could if I don't see virtual/glibc in
25 portage:
26
27 gandalf ~ # emerge --with-bdeps=y -pvDNu world
28
29 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
30
31 Calculating world dependencies... done!
32
33 Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 kB
34 gandalf ~ # eix =virtual/glibc
35 No matches found.
36 gandalf ~ #
37
38 I must be doing something wrong here. Is the need for this virtual
39 package caused by some USE option on something else like glibc itself?
40
41 Thanks,
42 Mark
43 --