From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is anyone using initramfs on Gentoo?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 05:30:17
1 Hello list,
2
3 I've tried to move my built-in ide (via) and rootfs (reiser) modules outside
4 of the kernel, but when I try to boot the new kernel and its corresponding
5 initramfs, it fails miserably with one of the following messages.
6
7 If I use "root=/dev/hda7" (my root):
8
9 Unable to mount root fs on unknown block (3,7)
10
11 If I use "root=/dev/ram" (that's the device in the initramfs made with
12 mkinitrd):
13
14 Unable to mount root fs on unknown block (1,0)
17 I do this every day using Debian boxes, so why it is so hard on Gentoo? What's
18 the correct way to make _and_ use an initramfs on Gentoo?
21 Many thanks in advance,
22 Norberto
26 Norberto Bensa
27 Cel: 5654-9539