From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel config power-saving arcana; and getting acpi working.
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 05:11:32
1 On Wednesday 25 January 2006 16:27 Neil Bothwick was like:
2 > Type / followed by susp while in make menuconfig to find it. Just
3 > browsing the options won't necessarily find what you want, because some
4 > only appear when others are enabled, whereas the search function shows
5 > all matching options, and tells you what else you need to enable.
6
7 Thank you very much indeed!
8
9 It turns out that my problem with not being able to configure acpi_sleep and
10 swsusp in the kernel was to do with having SMP enabled for my hyperthreading
11 P4 processor.
12
13 This means I need SMP_SUSPEND, which in turn depends on HOTPLUG_CPU.
14
15 Now to see if it works...
16 --
17 Robert Persson
18
19 Conspiracy Bears:
20 Once upon a time there were lots of conspiracy bears...
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list