From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CLI Torrent client(s)?
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 18:48:28
1 Hello!
2
3 On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 18:07:10 +0700
4 Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
5 >
6 > I'm wondering: what's your recommended CLI Torrent client(s)? And why?
7
8 I've been using Transmission for more than 3 years now, and mostly on
9 very old and not powerful PCs. For example, it runs on my Pentium-I
10 processor with 48 MB of RAM without problems. I even tried to run it on
11 32 MB of RAM and succeeded.
12 It is the most lightweight torrent-client I know of. And what is also
13 pleasant about Transmission is its client-daemon structure which lets
14 you use the UI of your choice. For example, I use the GTK interface on
15 my local machine and the Web-interface on the remote PC.
16
17 Good luck!
18 Vladimir.
19