From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Openoffice being replaced?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:38:13
1 Dale writes:
2
3 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >> On Thursday 28 July 2011 21:48:15 Dale wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I have wondered that too. The process is sort of started but it's not
7 >>> actually compiling either. I wonder how we could know for sure?
8 >>>
9 >> Easy. "emerge --fetchonly<blah>" first, then start the real work.
10 >
11 > But if you emerge something and it has to be fetched first, is that
12 > counted in the time genlop shows or not? That is the question. I don't
13 > think it is counted but I'm not sure.
14
15 That's what I thought, too, but then I simply tried to be sure. Download
16 time _is_ counted.
19 > I set mine to fetch in the
20 > background so most of the time the fetch is done after a couple packages
21 > gets compiled.
22
23 What about parallel emerges? I guess genlop will not take this into account.
24
25 > Back when I was on dial-up, then I would fetch first. I did that
26 > because my dial-up was so slow. It would take days to download OOo or a
27 > major KDE upgrade.
28
29 We all remember, Dale. We all remember.
30
31 Wonko