From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Probably off-topic] How do I find out what is consuming the bandwidth?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:37:12
1 On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 05:26:26PM +0000, Steve wrote:
2 > Situation: There's a LAN with a Netgear ADSL router... heterogenous OS,
3 > including Gentoo, are installed on various PCs on the LAN.
4 >
5 > I'd like to know what communicating IPs are consuming most bandwidth, and
6 > to quantify how much bandwidth they are using... Ideally, I'd like to see a
7 > real-time list of the main bandwidth consuming communicators...
8 >
9 > Has anyone any suggestions? "netstat" is rather more basic than I need...
10 > and "wireshark" is somewhat more substantial than I'd like to get involved
11 > with. Are there any simple solutions?
12
13 Give iftop a look.
16 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
18 "Beware of computer programmers that carry screwdrivers." -- Unknown
19 --
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list