From: Johannes Kimmel <johannes.kimmel@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] black console w/ 3.2.0-rc7
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:55:32
1 On 12/29/2011 04:32 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 >
3 > Very likely a FAQ but I can't find it right now:
4 >
5 > wanted to try linux 3.2.0-rc7 (by emerging git-sources) ... used my old
6 > config and it built OK.
7 >
8 > It also boots OK but very soon it gets simply black, no console, no xdm.
9 >
10 > I am able to ssh into it, can't find anything obvious.
11 > framebuffer stuff?
12 >
13 > This is my thinkpad L520, with intel graphics.
14 >
15 > Does someone has a pointer for me?
16 >
17 > Thanks, Stefan
21 I had a similar problem. I had selected the intel hardware iommu as
22 default. This caused my X to completely stay black. Systemlog showed
23 something about dma and drna (if i remember correctly).
24
25 try to disable intel hardware iommu, if you have it selected.