From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-fs/-MERGING-static-dev installed but unable to find it
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 05:14:56
1 wraeth <wraeth@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2
4 > Hash: SHA256
5 >
6 > On 14/09/15 13:46, Dale wrote:
7 > > So, it's installed but I can't find it to remove it. What the heck
8 > > is this about? Anyone else ever run into this? Is there a way to
9 > > "find" it?? Can I remove it somehow??
10 >
11 > I'm not certain, but I believe the -MERGING-* files are left over from
12 > an interrupted Install phase. Dr. Google suggests manually removing
13 > [1,2] and while I did come across this many moons ago, I can't recall
14 > how I dealt with it myself.
15 >
16 > 1:
17 > http://negativesum.net/tech/linux/gentoo/log/fixing-portage-when-it-has-
18 > wedged-a-package-as-merging
19 > 2: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-882687.html
20
21 @Dale
22
23 Have you tried to install it again? If that works, you can maybe remove
24 it afterwards.
27 Regards
28 wabe