From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network is not starting
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 06:57:08
1 On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:13:47 +0300
2 Adrian Vraciu <adrian790@××××××××××.ro> wrote:
3
4 > I had the bad surprise the see the next error when my system boots,
5 > and is about starting the netowrk services:
6 >
7 > Starting eth0
8 > No usable addresses families found
9 > socket: no such file or directory
10 > *eth0 does not exist
11 >
12 > the same thing is happening for eth1. for eth0 i use dhcp and for
13 > eth1 i use static addresses.
14 >
15 > Could someone give me an advice?
16 Hi,
17 First run "etc-update" or "dispatch-conf" to see if there're any conf
18 files to update.
19 Next check /etc/conf.d/net file which may have been overwritten by some
20 update. Edit it and make the necessary configurations again.
21 Check ethX existance manually - #ifconfig.
22 HTH.Rumen
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list