From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Where to find the straight dope conf.d/net?
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 05:55:45
1 I was off gentoo for a few mnths... apparently something has changed
2 in the naming of the network devices.
3
4 So far I've read several accounts of it... but the install handbook
5 has apparently not been brought up to date.
6
7 Doing a fresh install, and following the contents of the manual
8 concerning conf.d/net... is not working, of course.
9
10 Renaming the device in /etc/init.d to net.enp0s3 and using that name
11 in conf.d/net doesn't work either. At least not during boot.
12
13 I can start the network by hand with /etc/init.d/net.enp0s3 start
14
15 No problems there. But what, exactly, is supposed to go in
16 conf.d/net?
17
18 I've found quite a lot of confusing information on google but not a
19 solution that works for me.
20
21 If I start the network by hand as above then things like sshd blow up
22 from trying to restart them again and using the wrong names.
23
24 Can someone point me to concise documentation about how this new setup
25 is supposed to work?