From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with time stamp while unpacking portage
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 04:59:19
1 Felipe Ribeiro wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm new to gentoo, and right now i'm installing it for the first time.
5 > I have a problem, my timezone is gmt+3, and when i try to unpack the
6 > last portage file, i get this message:
7 >
8 > tar: portage/games-rpg: time stamp 2005-12-11 01:36:10 is 4154 s in the future
9 > tar: portage: time stamp 2005-12-11 01:55:06 is 5290 s in the future
10 >
11 > Is there anything i can do?
14 The installer cd probably thinks your time zone is UTC, so you should can use the "date" command to temporarily syncronize the system time with the current UTC time.
15
16 The localization guide [1] has instructions to configure the time zone on your installed system. After you have /etc/localtime and /etc/conf.d/clock confgured properly, you can run `/etc/init.d/clock restart` to make the settings take affect.
17
18 Zac
19
20 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml