From: Statux <statux@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching from X to a VT (SOLVED)
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 01:43:22
1 On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 17:24 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Statux wrote:
3 > > I don't know if this has been asked yet/recently, but I've noticed that
4 > > I cannot use the ctrl+alt+F? sequence to pop out of X since my upgrade
5 > > to xorg 7.0. I'm assuming that ctrl+alt+backspace won't kill the server
6 > > either.
7 >
8 > This usually means your XKB is broken.
9 >
10 > First, make sure you're on a recent sync and remerge xkeyboard-config
11 > --oneshot. Next, try running setxkbmap to see what error messages you get:
12 >
13 > # prints current layout -- should show a few lines of info
14 > setxkbmap -print
15 > # sets a new layout and model
16 > setxkbmap -layout us -model pc105
17
18 That did the trick.
19
20 However, I did get the following output during both commands:
21
22 Couldn't interpret _XKB_RULES_NAMES property
23
24 But this didn't seem to hinder my progress so it may be nothing.
27 > Thanks,
28 > Donnie
31 Thanks!
34 Statux <statux@×××××××××.net>