From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hooks for Portage 2.1?
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:41:33
1 On Sunday 24 September 2006 19:16, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Sunday 24 September 2006 23:05, Jerry McBride wrote:
3 > > Well... it's time I revisited my /etc/portage/bashrc file, now that
4 > > Portage 2.1 is vogue. My old bashrc doesn't work anymore and things have
5 > > changed sufficiently with 2.1 that I need some help... documentation.
6 > >
7 > > Would anyone happen to know where the API for Portage 2.1, that explains
8 > > the new hook framework layout?
9 >
10 > I'm not sure such documentation exists... What do you want to do?
11
12 I had a bash script that would simply delete the archives downloaded to
13 distfiles, after the emerge completed. Really a handy thing to have,
14 managed my distfiles automaticly. It doesn't work anymore since the upgrade
15 to portage 2.1.x.
16
17 I could fix it, but the hooks have either moved or have been eliminated in
18 favor of some other mechanism. Hence my need for documentation or tips...
19
20 Jerry
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list