From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual booting with Windows 10
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 01:16:52
1 Install it in a VM!
2
3 If your system supports IOMMU for graphics devices here is something
4 special you can do:
5
6 I would instead consider purchasing an additional PCI-e graphics device
7 and a PCI-e usb card then installing Windows in a VM with IOMMU-GFX,
8 this way you can have your cake and eat it too.
9
10 I play my games in a windows VM on my libre coreboot workstation, it
11 works great and I highly recommend it
12 Another reason a VM is much better is that windows doesn't get access to
13 your bare metal hardware unless you forward a device so it can't send
14 serial numbers back to MS for their spying/marketing database, such as
15 your HDD serial number or NIC mac address, and one can avoid a bad virus
16 as you can simply restore a previous VM snapshot.
17
18 [1] (for the VM's keyboard and mouse if you don't have more than one usb
19 controller onboard)