From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Hungry firefox
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 20:48:25
1 On 2015-04-01, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 11:34:19 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >
4 >> > Has anyone else here noticed firefox consuming 15% or so of CPU time,
5 >> > even while it's not supposed to be doing anything?
6 >>
7 >> Occasionally, I've had javascripts running away with the CPU,
8 >> which stops when I kill FF & restart it. That's just bad JS
9 >> programming.
10 >
11 > Do you have to kill the whole browser and not just the offending tab?
12
13 Just the offending tab _should_ do it.
14
15 > That's just bad programming...
16
17 Probably. From what I've seen, the web is build almost entirely out
18 on "bad programming". I'm not sure it's even possible to do good
19 programming in PHP, though you can in JavaScript.
22 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Why is it that when
23 at you DIE, you can't take
24 gmail.com your HOME ENTERTAINMENT
25 CENTER with you??