From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternatives to knutclient
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 14:47:30
1 On Monday, 30 October 2017 14:09:58 GMT Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 10/30/2017 03:15 AM, Mick wrote:
3
4 > > Now, I better look into finding a way to silence this new UPS fan which
5 > > seems to be going on 24/7 with or without load on it! o_O
6 >
7 > Some new UPS systems are designed to have the fan running all the time.
8 > I don't think it's a good idea to stop it...
9 >
10 > Dan
11
12 Right, I suspect it is meant to be running all the time, at high speed when
13 running on battery and low speed at all other times. This is a 2nd hand HP
14 T1000 G3 I bought cheaply, because many of the new entry level UPS appliances
15 being sold today are not fit for human consumption, judging by user reviews.
18 Regards,
19 Mick