From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: checking whether the C compiler works... no Oooops !!
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 09:41:41
1 Dale wrote:
2 > justin wrote:
3 >> On 06/05/11 11:08, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> That shed any light?
6 >>>
7 >>> Dale
8 >>>
9 >>> :-) :-)
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> Yes it does
14 >>
15 >> /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/cc1: error while loading shared
16 >> libraries: libmpfr.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
17 >> directory
18 >>
19 >> you upgraded your mpfr. Now you have to rebuild your gcc as well.
22 > It won't compile mpfr either. I get the same error. It appears that
23 > I can't compile ANYTHING right now. This ain't good. O_O
24 >
25 > Would doing this from a CD work or would I get the same error?
26 >
27 > I'm going to look for a binary. It's been a while so I'm not sure
28 > what was left on there. :/
29 >
30 > Dale
31 >
32 > :-) :-)
35 I found a binary for a older version. That seems to be working. I will
36 run all the usual suspects, revdep-rebuild, python-updater and such and
37 see what happens. Python-updater is making its list now. Still
38 scratching my head on that one.
39
40 Thanks for the help. Will post back if it gives any more problems.
41
42 Dale
43