From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is an Intel motherboard RAID better or worse than software RAID?
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:07:19
1 On Friday 17 October 2008 12:43:15 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > I have /tmp and /var/tmp on tmpfs - /tmp is so small it is not worth
4 > wasting a partition for it.
5
6 Yes, and you can enlarge it by creating plenty of swap. My 4GB of real RAM
7 isn't enough to compile the biggest programs, but setting /etc/fstab
8 thus: "tmpfs /tmp tmpfs nodev,nosuid,size=6g 0 0" I get enough /tmp
9 space when I need it without have to go out and spend money on more RAM.
10 Neat.
13 Rgds
14 Peter