From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: ak@×××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/input/mouse0 Doesn't Exist
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 03:12:17
1 On 9/6/2005 1:24 PM Andreas Kerschbaumer wrote:
2
3 >Drew Tomlinson wrote:
7 >>I can't start xorg as /dev/input/mouse0 doesn't exist. I used to have
8 >>this working with the same hardware and don't recall making any
9 >>changes. What things must be loaded or what should I check to get my
10 >>mouse detected? I'm using 2.6.11 kernel with udev. Nudges to an
11 >>appropriate web page are welcome. I have been unsuccessful with Google.
12 >>
13 >>Thanks,
14 >>
15 >>Drew
19 >I got the same problem some time ago. Try /dev/input/mice insted of
20 >/dev/input/mouse0.
21 >
22 >Andy
25 Thanks. I do have /dev/input/mice and putting that into xorg.conf
26 solves the error. However the mouse doesn't work. Here is the relevant
27 section of my xorg.conf:
28
29 Section "InputDevice"
30 Identifier "Mouse0"
31 Driver "mouse"
32 Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
33 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
34 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
35 EndSection
36
37 Please note I only have one mouse. It part of a wireless Logitec
38 mouse/keyboard combo and plugs into the standard PS/2 mouse socket.
39
40 Thanks for your help.
41
42 Drew
47 Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse
48 Magic Tricks, DVDs, Videos, Books, & More!
49
50 http://www.alchemistswarehouse.com
53 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list