From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FhGFS or BeeGFS on Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 07:51:07
1 On Monday, September 15, 2014 06:12:15 PM James wrote:
2 > Howdy,
5 > Any "brave souls" put FhGFS on a gentoo system? [1] It's a distributed File
6 > System and some run it on top of ZFS or EXT4 or BTRFS, with
7 > very positive results. It is in the process of going "open source"
8 > from what I've read about. It is suppose to be wonderful when
9 > compared to Gluster, HDFS or any other "distributed" file system,
10 > as I've heard from several sources.
11 >
12 > There's even a guide on skipping the partitioning of the devices
13 > and putting the file system directly "on the device"; even SSD
14 > and such. [2]
17 > curiously,
18 > James
19 >
20 > [1] http://www.fhgfs.com/cms/download
21 >
22 > [2] http://www.fhgfs.com/wiki/PartitionAlignment#noparts
23
24 These look interesting, will have a look at these later.
25
26 But, isn't Fraunhover the organisation that caused alot of licensing issues
27 with getting MP3 support in OSS projects?
28 How is their licensing with regards to FHGFS?
31 Joost