From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: parental control software
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 11:04:34
1 I'm looking for software that can be used to control a child's usage of
2 the computer (not Internet filtering). At the very least it should be
3 able to control length of login sessions and when the child is able to
4 login. Ideally it would also be able to control access to programs, for
5 example education programs can be used for a couple of hours but games
6 for only 30 mins at a time (net control software can be used to deal with
7 online versions). There are other situations where this sort of thing is
8 useful, so it need not necessarily be a package aimed specifically at
9 parental controls.
10
11 Timekpr looks the ideal candidate, except it hasn't had a release in
12 over three years.
13
14 Any suggestions?
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 "I think not," said Descartes, and promptly disappeared.