From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Process to resize ext3 file system at the command line?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:03:46
1 On Thu, November 17, 2011 6:25 pm, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:01:46 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm pretty sure I've got the command set right to do the RAID-1 to
5 >> RAID-5 conversion, but once it's done I believe the file system itself
6 >> will still be 250GB so I'll need to resize the file system. In the
7 >> past I've done this with gparted, which seems to work fine, but this
8 >> time I was considering doing it at the command line. Does anyone know
9 >> of a good web site that goes through how to do that? I've browsed
10 >> around and found different pages that talk about it but my reading
11 >> looks like they all have minor differences which leaves me a bit
12 >> worried.
13 >
14 > Using cfdisk or fdisk, delete the partition and recreate it, USING THE
15 > SAME START BLOCK at a larger size.
16 >
17 > Then "resize2fs /dev/sdwhatever" will resize the filesystem to fill the
18 > partition.
19
20 This would only be relevant when the raid-device itself is partitioned.
21 If the filesystem spans the entire block-device, this can be achieved by
22 the following:
23
24 resize2fs /dev/whatever
27 Joost