From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Newest version of OpenOffice (2.0rc1) in portage?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:43:57
1 > When I do emerge --search openoffice it does not show a 2.0 version as
2 > being available. Is this because I need to "unmask" something or because
3 > nothing past 1.1.4 is available in the ports yet?
4
5 cornholio configures # eix openoffice
6 * app-office/openoffice-bin
7 Available versions: 1.1.1 1.1.4-r1 1.1.5 [M]2.0.0_rc1
8 Installed: none
9 Homepage: http://www.openoffice.org/
12 Clearly it is out there, but it is hard-masked, which is a fairly good
13 indication that you shouldn't play around with it just yet.
14
15 Source-based distro does not appear to be available, but you can check the
16 bugs database to see if an ebuild has been submitted. Also look to the
17 gentoo wiki for alternate ebuild sources, there may be one floating around
18 out there somewhere.

winmail.dat application/ms-tnef