From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] modest list of miserable FAIL
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 00:41:01
1 On Sun, 03 Jan 2016 16:46:27 -0500 Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Okay, this is the list after the SECOND emptytree world.
3 >
4 > I then sync'd again and removed any packages scheduled for update from
5 > this list and ran it again.
6 >
7 > Most of these are long-standing fails, the one that worries me the most
8 > is klibc, that might byte me on reboot. That is a Gcc 5.3 incompatibility!
9
10 gcc-5.3 is unstable for a reason. Most of 5.3-related failures come
11 from the default C standard changed in gcc from gnu89 to gnu11. So
12 one can fix most of such issues by setting old standard in CFLAGS.
13 Of course there are also another reasons (e.g. stricter checks or
14 standard compliance) and all problems should be dealt on per-case
15 basis.
16
17 Best regards,
18 Andrew Savchenko