From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wiress Question...
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:01:37
1 On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:42:36 -0800 (PST), BRM wrote:
2
3 > I very frequently use the Wireless with it, which works great for the
4 > most part. However, it seems that the connection drops every once in a
5 > while, and the system doesn't detect it. A quick restart of the wlan0
6 > interface (/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 restart) resolves the issue.
7
8 I've been using wicd to manage my wireless for the last couple of months.
9 As well as handling the nuts and bolts of connecting to
10 encrypted networks, it will also reconnect automatically.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 A Smith & Weason beats Four Aces everytime.