From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 2.28
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 07:53:46
1 On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 08:58 +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Am 11.05.2010 03:58, schrieb Bill Kenworthy:
3 > > Saw the news announcement that gnome 2.28 is stabilized - however
4 > > looking at the header of gnome-base/gnome-2.28.2 (only 2.28 ebuild
5 > > present) still shows ~x86 - do I have update problems or are there
6 > > delays?
7 > >
8 > > Is this for amd64 only or has x86 just been overlooked?
11 > The stabilization for AMD64 happened between last Tuesday and Wednesday,
12 > according to my observations.
15 Thats the question I am asking - whats happened to x86? - did it get
16 forgotten? - the news message says nothing about it being amd64 only ...
17
18 Looking at the changelog and bug for it, it seems amd64 got in early,
19 and the x86 team have not caught up yet - but as its been a full week is
20 there a reason not listed in the changelog/bug why x86 hasnt gone stable
21 when bug #314899 asks:
24 ------- Comment #31 From Pacho Ramos 2010-05-02 13:54:51 0000 [reply]
25 -------
26 Arches, please test and mark stable Gnome 2.28 following GNOME 2.28
27 stabilization list pass #8 (last one)
28
29 You can move down the list incrementally stabilizing things; but each block
30 *should* ideally be finished in one go.
31
32 Thanks a lot
33 ------- Comment
37 Note I am not hassling for the sake of it but I like to run stable if
38 possible, but I am at a point with evolution where I want 2.28 or 2.30
39 for exchange access so do I upgrade gnome to ~x86 (and work out any
40 kinks that will involve), do evolution only or wait? Its just being
41 caught in limbo that answer will help resolve which way I go.
42
43 BillK