From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nepomuk indexing, what triggers it?
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 15:17:42
1 Hi all,
2
3 Haven't had much luck finding this info:
4
5 If I reboot this machine and start KDE, Nepomuk starts a rather long-lived
6 index of my home directory. It takes up about 30-40% cpu and lasts as much as
7 15 minutes sometimes. This is annoying because after a reboot I usually want
8 to catch up on mail, rss feeds and fire up VirtualBox. So nepomuk is just
9 wasting my time at this point.
10
11 How does nepomuk know when to do it's thing, how can I tweak what it does and
12 how can I discover why it feels it necessary to reindex my entire maildir when
13 surely it has a perfectly valid index already from just before I shut down?
14
15 Strigi is also enabled if that's relevant to the question.
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com