From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Yahoo and strange traffic.
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 06:03:34
1 Adam Carter wrote:
4 > I just did a killall kopete and it did stop. Is there a way to
5 > "see" what it is sending/receiving? I'm talking like is it a
6 > jpeg, some other file or something else?
9 > rix portage # nmap -p 5050 -sV cs210p2.msg.sp1.yahoo.com
10 > <http://cs210p2.msg.sp1.yahoo.com>
11 >
12 > << SNIP >>
13 >
14 > Well its obviously HTTP, NFI why NMAP cant see that. So you could
15 > capture in wireshark, then docode port 5050 as HTTP.
16
17 Is this easy to do? I have no idea where to start except that wireshark
18 is installed.
19
20 Dale
21