From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to convert and watch dav video file?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 20:26:52
1 On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 20:42:50 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > I thought Handbrake was masked because upstream have poor packaging
4 > > practices.
5 > >
6 > > The source for Handbrake (I think) contains the source of loads of
7 > > other libs (which you might already have installed on your system),
8 > > effectively snapshotted and hard-linked to. I.E., it's a mess.
9
10 > I think you might be right. Now that you mention it, handbrake sources
11 > come with a humongous number of bundled libs. Makes chromium and
12 > openoffice look like a walk in the park.
13
14 That used to be the case but the 0.9.9 ebuild contain this comment
15
16 # the version 0.9.9 supports the use of system libraries.
17
18 and DEPENDS on the libraries that used to be bundled.
19
20 And it is not masked, although earlier versions were, it is just ~arch
21 keyworded. Earlier versions could be problematic, especially with ffmpeg
22 changing their API every month with a vowel in it, but now the bundled
23 libraries are gone, and the clashes along with them.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 Windows95 - crash compatible on Windows 3.x