From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} "make uninstall" with no rule
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:18:12
1 >> I'm just now learning how to compile and install manually.  I
2 >> installed makemkv-1.4.1 manually and now I found an ebuild so I'd like
3 >> to install the latest version via the ebuild, but I get:
4 >>
5 >> # make uninstall
6 >> make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'.  Stop.
7 >>
8 >> The makefile doesn't mention uninstall.  Should I just install over
9 >> the current installation via the ebuild?  Is there any way to do this
10 >> cleanly?
11 >
12 > When I've wanted to remove manually built packages... I've rerun
13 > make install like this:
14 >
15 >  make install >../<package>_install.log 2>&1
16 >
17 > Then from the install log you can see what has been installed and
18 > remove it by hand.
19
20 That worked brilliantly, thanks a lot.
21
22 - Grant