From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting printer working, the road of Pain.
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 08:09:41
1 On 10/09/2022 01:18, Paul Colquhoun wrote:
2 > 2) Remind us again why you still try to run Gentoo when you obviously
3 > dislike it.
4
5 snark :-)
6
7 A couple of things to remember:
8
9 Gentoo IS a pita to install and run compared to most other distros -
10 I've had a brand new laptop lying around for 6 months which has been an
11 absolute pain and is still not working ...
12
13 RTFM is NOT an acceptable answer - half the time the documentation is
14 worse than the program, the other half of the time you can't find it and
15 the stuff on the web is out-or-date, irrelevant, or some other rabbit
16 hole ...
17
18 IBM used to have a "black team", apparently. Anybody who was just plain
19 useless at their job, or could never get things to work, or just took
20 pleasure in breaking things, was put on this team. Telling developers
21 their work was being handed over to this lot for testing was considered
22 pure torture. I guess Alan belongs on that team - at least if the devs
23 are reading it helps gentoo get more robust :-)
24
25 Cheers,
26 Wol