From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to check a terminal session remotely
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:37:53
1 On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:29:38 -0500, James Stull wrote:
2
3 > Here's my problem, lets say last night I start a rather long emerge in
4 > an xterm window or in a separate session like Ctrl+Alt+F2 or whatever.
5 > The next day I'm at work or a friends house and I ssh into my desktop
6 > so I can check on the status of that emerge. Is their a way for me to
7 > take over a session and see what's going on through the terminal?
8
9 The best way to do this is to run the emerge in a screen session, then
10 you can do "screen -r" from the SSH session to see what's going on.
11
12 If you have already started the emerge from a normal terminal, you can
13 view the progress with "genlop -c". Emerge genlop if you don't already
14 have it.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 "Bother," said Pooh, as he was given another bad script.