From: oskar kapala <oskar.kapala@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash'
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:54:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I unmerged glibc, I know it's stupid, by I did it. I know how to solve
4 the problem, but sth is wrong with chroot:
5
6 I boot from liveCD 2006.0 (my arch is x86) and:
7
8 mount all my filesytem into /mnt/gentoo as a new root
9 mount -t proc none /mnt/gentoo/proc
10 mount -o bind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev
11 chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash
12
13 a I get:
14 chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
15
16 of course file is present, executable, and I'm doing it as su...
17
18 I found some posts connected with problem, but I still can't solve it.
19
20 I have experience with such things, becouse I unmerged pam-login and
21 forgot to merge shadow before reboot :)
22
23 Thanks,
24 oskar
25 --