From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xmms alternative
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:25:07
1 On Sunday 29 October 2006 17:05, Walter Dnes wrote:
4 > I consider "Super eye-candy interface" and "Funky visualisations" as
5 > insults against a program. The amarok website is ***BRAGGING*** about
6 > them. I am obviously not their target market.
7
8 both is OPTIONAL.
9
10 without xmms/libvisual, there is no eye-candy.
13 > > Amarok is not a replacement, amarok is an alternative, which is
14 > > exactly what this thread is about.
15 >
16 > Amarok brings along a lot of excess baggage compared to xmms. At some
17 > point, it crosses the line of being too much.
18
19 again, a lot of the stuff is optional. And the fact, that it has a
20 dcop-interface, make it possible, to control it with scripts or from a
21 command line.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list