From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] What package provides gstreamer-app?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 22:53:28
1 On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 02:20:43AM -0500, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote
2 > I've successfully manually compiled Pale Moon (a Firefox fork), but it
3 > doesn't play h264 files. Apparently, I have to enable gstreamer for
4 > that. OK, I did it. This time the build fails with...
5 >
6 > configure:20206: checking for gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.25
7 > gstreamer-app-0.10
8 > gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10
9 > *** Fix above errors and then restart with "make -f client.mk build"
10 >
11 > I built libgstreamer and the base plugins package. It still fails.
12 > I can't find which package provides gstreamer-app. Searching Google
13 > reveals that a lot of other people have the same problem.
14 > http://www.portagefilelist.de/ doesn't have any results. Any ideas?
15
16 That error message is rather cryptic. Apparently, it means that it
17 needs specifically the 0.10-X series. Searching through old threads in
18 the Pale Moon support forum revealed that there are "major issues" with
19 gstreamer-1.X support, so the build only supports the 0.10-X series of
20 gstreamer and plugins. This is also a problem in Firefox, from which
21 Pale Moon is forked. Fortunately, there are still 0.10-X series ebuilds
22 in the tree. Just to be safe, I set up a local overlay with only the
23 0.10-X series versions of media-libs/
24
25 gst-plugins-bad
26 gst-plugins-base
27 gst-plugins-good
28 gst-plugins-ugly
29 gst-rtsp-server
30 gstreamer
31
32 I unmerged the version 1.X gstreamer and plugins, masked out >= 0.11
33 versions and emerged gst-plugins-base, which also pulled in gstreamer.
34 The Pale Moon build is churning along now, and I'll find out in a couple
35 of hours how it works with h264. The web site...
36 http://www.quirksmode.org/html5/tests/video.html has h264, webm, and
37 ogg/theora test videos. I currently have webm and ogg/theora working.
38 The gstreamer-enabled build will hopefully also run the h264 video.
39 This will also be useful for Youtube in HTML5 mode.
42 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
43 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications