From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: which NTPd package to use?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 12:18:25
1 Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > Which NTPd package would the list recommend using, ntp, openntpd, or
5 > some other package?
6 >
7 > openntpd seems to be easier to set up according to wiki.gentoo.org.
8 >
9 > The list's advice would be much appreciated.
14 I have used ntp before, seen others recommend openntps. At some point I
15 had trouble getting ntp and opentnpd to work so I started using chrony.
16 It worked. So, if you have trouble with the ntp options, give chrony a
17 try.
18
19 My preference tho, ntp. Both seems to be relatively active so flip a
20 coin and see which works. :-)
21
22 Dale
23