From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Libreoffice and X-Forwarding
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 10:47:24
1 William Kenworthy writes:
2
3 > I am having problems setting up X-forwarding for libreoffice (gentoo)
4 > over ssh to an ipad (iSSH client).
5 >
6 > X-forwarding is working fine for xterms, fluxbox and simple apps but
7 > libreoffice fails even when using the -display localhost:10.0 argument.
8 > The $DISPLAY is also correctly set inside the ssh session.
9
10 What error message do you get?
11
12 > Any hints?
13
14 Are you using trusted X11 forwarding? That's what -Y enables for ssh, -X
15 is not enough sometimes, usually applications fail with X errors
16 (BadWindow and such). But I don't know if iSSH does support this.
17
18 Wonko