From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Being Facebook member: How to anon?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 17:44:21
1 On 10/23 10:21, Jeriko One wrote:
2 > * Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [2017-10-22 11:53:36 -0500]:
3 >
4 > > Another thought, what about using Tor to make it so it can't track IPs
5 > > as well?  Joost, you have a thought on that?
6 >
7 > My approach would be the following
8 > Default browser should block all things owned by Facebook. Facebook Browser
9 > should be routed through TOR, and only used for Facebook.
10 >
11 > I think that routing your traffic through TOR, or a VPN would achieve
12 > the most privacy. You can use a different profile or browser to
13 > go to Facebook, but I don't think that alone will stop them from tacking
14 > you. Other websites will pull in javascript from Facebook for some type
15 > of integration. Even if you're not logged into Facebook I'm sure they're
16 > experienced enough to cooralate that "This IP with this OS around this
17 > time read this blog about 3D printing, and went to a 3D printing group
18 > on Facebook. Probably the same person."
21 Hi,
22
23 to block out everything facebook/twitter/google/amazon/etc I use uBlock.origin,
24 uMatrix and PrivacyBadger, which work pretty well.
25
26 Cheers
27 Meino