From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 22:08:49
1 On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 15:24:17 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I still don't like the deal of having to run something after changing
4 > the kernel tho. It seems to lilo-ish to me.
5
6 Then how do you manage with GRUB legacy? If you don't have symlinks to
7 the kernels and you don't update the config, how do you boot the new
8 kernel? You have to update the config, GRUB2 just has an option to do
9 this automatically.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 furbling, v.:
16 Having to wander through a maze of ropes at an airport or bank
17 even when you are the only person in line.
18 -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"