From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:08:08
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> It worked fine and it was there with 0 bytes. Weird.
6 >>
7 >> I sort of gave up on this drive. I had a very kind soul to send me a video
8 >> card when I did this build. He also sent me a 250Gb drive. I copied all I
9 >> could to that but did lose a LOT of my videos and such. Anyway, I'm doing
10 >> this right now:
11 >>
12 >> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc
13 >>
14 >> I figure that will put it back like brand new and very blank. I'll recreate
15 >> my partition, throw a file system on it and see if it will let me copy back
16 >> to it or not.
17 >>
18 >> While I am at it, what is the best file system for videos? That is the
19 >> biggest thing I use that drive for. I had a LOT of NCIS, CSI and other
20 >> shows that are now gone. Anyway, what are opinions on a file system for
21 >> videos on a 750Gb drive? I had reiserfs on it before.
22 >>
23 > I had a few terabytes of my own DVD rips on ext4 on a 3TB RAID5 once
24 > upon a time. Worked very well.
29 I'm not picky. Unless someone comes up with something better, I'll give
30 ext4 a try. I have read it is pretty swift plus it is some shiney new .
31 . . stuff. ;-) Shhh. There may be a lady on here too. Read between
32 the lines.
33
34 I'm just curious as to how much longer dd is going to take. I wish it
35 has some sort of a progress bar or something. :/
36
37 Thanks.
38
39 Dale