From: jdm@××××××××××××.uk
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] qemu-kvm and xscreensaver
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:25:45
1 Whenever I run a qemu-kvm when xscreensaver starts it stops guest os from working. Eg if I am emerging on guest or downloading a file when xscreensaver starts on the host the guest freezes. Stopping xscreensaver and guest continues where left off.
2
3 I can cure this by disabling xscreensaver but should this happening and is there a way round this other than to turn off xscreensaver on host.
4
5 I have disabled hibernate or sleep but this makes no difference. It seems to happen when the screen goes in pretty picture mode.
6
7 I am running gentoo host with gentoo guest and desktop is xfce on host.
8
9 John