From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: fsck check of /usr on a separate partition fails during boot
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 17:54:03
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 20:59:56 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Yea, it used to be recommended and in a way it can still be a good
5 >> idea.  I use LVM for example and I can increase /usr, /var, /home or
6 >> whatever without having to redo my drive setup.  The only thing I can't
7 >> change is / which is a regular file system.  Just have to cross that
8 >> bridge when I get there.
9 > You can put / on LVM too, but then you'll need an init-thingy and I don't
10 > think any of us want to go there ;-)
15 Yea, keep in mind, I didn't want a init thingy at all.  Thing is, I had
16 already set up my partitions when that requirement came along.
17
18 In a way, I'd either like to have everything on LVM or BTRFS or nothing
19 but /home on one of those.  In other words, if I have to have a init
20 thingy, everything is where I can shrink/expand as needed or if no init
21 thingy then all those are on a regular file system.  Likely going with
22 the later next time around.
23
24 Maybe by then BTRFS will be 100% ready to go then.  ;-)
25
26 Dale
27