From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clone root from HDD to SSD causes no video with NVIDIA driver
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 10:02:58
1 On 10/06/20 06:47, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
2 > nomodeset did not change anything, but adding EFI_FB to the kernel finally got me a functional console. But if I startx from there I am back again to the same point, no X, no console switching with CTR-ALT-Fn, no crash in syslog, I have to SSH to get to a working shell. I'm not getting anywhere, I think I'll better install from stage3.
3
4 Console switching is, iirc, a toggle-off-on feature. It might be toggled
5 off by default and starting X toggles it on, but it's not getting that
6 far ...
7
8 See if you can toggle it on at the console and then try startx.
9
10 Or is it possible you can't toggle buffers because it's booting with
11 only console enabled? That could also explain the X problem because it
12 hasn't got a buffer to switch to?
13
14 Hope this helps, although it probably won't ...
15
16 Cheers,
17 Wol